Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This is going to be a difficult endeavour...

Well it is only my third week of classes, and the stress is getting to me.. well it already did.
I work part time, and I do love my job but it does get to me. Obviously I am not making enough money, which is where an education comes in.
I am just so tired all of the time, and I rarely have time to study. My children are very young and they need a lot of attention, so it makes it difficult to take time away to study. I am not a single mother I was blessed to have met the man I am with. He is an amazing father, and we own a beautiful house. But we do struggle, and just make it by. My children are not in daycare, so I take care of them when I am not working or in class.

I am Paying for school because I could not get financial aid, I am not married and I did not work in 2009. I went over this with the people with FAFSA and my schools Financial Aid office. But alas, I can not get financial for this semester because I need my parents information even though I am a mother of two. To me, being a stay at home mother is supporting my children 50% or more, which is what they go by. By those standards I am a dependent, but I disagree. Plus, giving my mothers information would not at all help..yea..

They actually told me to write a statement of common law marriage to get financial aid. Now that made me laugh, do I believe in Common law Marriage? Possibly! But I m not going to confuse myself and everyone else. Im confused thinking about it. Ah, I have no clue. But I filed my FAFSA for the 2011-12 school year which wont take effect (if it does) until the fall semester at my school.

Well I am going to end my post there, before I get to carried away after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment