Thursday, February 10, 2011

Psych 101

My Psychology class is getting more in depth now. I find myself getting lost in my head half the time. When I am writing notes I notice I jumble words together, very odd for me. 
Well I had my first exam, I'm not sure if I did well I barely have any study time. I know You are probably asking, why am I doing this blog then? First off, I have so much going on in mu head to keep things straight and to even think. Writing a blog, journal anything helps with getting my thoughts out so I can concentrate on important subjects.

I find that when I do this I calm down, and relieve a bit of anxiety, yes I have terrible anxiety and I should be on medication ( but when do i have the time for that kind of help.. ha ha I need a psychologist) 

Still, I'm nervous to say the least, I need to have a B in all my classes to get into Nursing. I have like 10 pre-required courses I have to complete to get in. I know I need a good GPA. I going for a 3.7 GPA so I wont be on the waiting list. ( Really, who has the time to sit around waiting for years).
I may have to put my children in day care if it gets bad, just so I can study. I am doing this for them but I do want to spend time with them of course.
I do not know what to do, its not like I have the money to dish out for daycare. It costs more then I make a week.
Mike and I (my Fiance) have talked about it plenty of times. It goes no where. 
What I learned today was When a female listens, she uses both sides of her brain, But a man only uses the Left side. Not sure what truth comes to that, there was only 1 study done on that topic I guess.

Any how, I'm just to tired half the time to move let alone study. I have hypothyroidism, but that is another story in itself. Obviously I am not on medication for it, again where is the time. 

Well Time for me to sign off. I need to make supper, and then study.. ha ha
Ciao

:::UPDATE::: I failed that first Psych Exam! I passed the Second one with a b+ YAY

3 comments:

  1. I just found you through mom bloggers. I really enjoyed your post. Good for you! I give you so much credit. I look foward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Desiree - I saw that you are following my blog so I thought I would check yours out. I commend you for going back go school, that is awesome. I am a medical assistant. I have worked part-time on and off for the last 2 years, but now my husband landed an awesome job so I am able to stay at home with my 2 year-old son. Being a medical assistant is so-so... it was easy to get through the program and you make decent money, but if you find you really like the medical field I would definitely go for your RN because you will make about 4x more money than a CNA, MA, etc. Let me know if there is anything you have questions about, I have been in the medical field for over 6 years now! I once had dreams of being a pediatrician, but that was when I was little ;) I think being a lactation consultant would be fun because I think everyone should at least try to breastfeed and having that support is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete